Policiy Horizons Canada is looking for candidates who want to contribute to the future of Canadians by producing high quality, strategic foresight to policy-makers
Looking for bilingual people who are hard-working, creative and collaborative to fill positions in two streams:
• Senior Foresight Analyst
• Foresight Manager
As a Senior Foresight Analyst, you will:
• Research and synthesize future developments in the policy landscape that could affect government policy and programs.
• Engage with public servants across all of government to ensure the research is relevant and has an impact.
• Interview experts and stakeholders to understand what the future may hold across many different domains.
• Develop and write high-quality foresight materials for both government internal and external audiences (social media and web channels).
• Help design foresight projects, and work collaboratively in teams to drive them forward; and
• Facilitate and participate in meetings and workshops.
As a Manager of Foresight, you will:
• Design and manage foresight studies that are relevant to government policy-makers;
• Hire, orient, train, manage and develop the talent of foresight staff;
• Participate in management committees and discussions;
• Build relationships with partners and clients across government; and
• Lead production of foresight reports, presentations, and corporate documents.
Policy Horizons Canada (PHC) (www.horizons.gc.ca) uses foresight to help the Government of Canada develop future-oriented policy and programs that are robust and resilient in the face of disruptive change by:
• Analyzing the emerging policy landscape, the challenges that lie ahead and the opportunities opening up.
• Engaging in conversations with public servants and citizens about forward-looking research to inform their understanding and decision-making.
• Building foresight literacy and capacity in the Public Service.
Positions to be filled: 3
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.